Friday 3 June 2016

Librarian- Excellence evidence 22

On Monday I had library mentor. Considering there wasn't much to do Tracy and I just filed the books and then Mrs Ward told us we could leave since there was only about five people in the library which wasn't so good. 

On Thursday Honor, Zainab and I had reading to the juniors we headed to the library after the bell had rang and waited outside until we had finished eating because you are not allowed to eat in the library. 

We then collected a range of books some of them included popular books like a Frozen book and a Barbie book. We also got Spot The Dog book, Strawberry shortcake and more. We made sure to get a mix of books, because not all kids like Barbie and sometimes we only bring Barbie books! 

 We then grabbed some bean bags to take with us, because it helps get kids to read too. 

 After we headed to the juniors area and searched for kids to read to. We found a lot and were reading to about 10 kids, which was really good. We read until 20 past to allow time to return the books and bean bags. 

Overall I think reading to the juniors was really successful and I hope next week's is just as good.  I also think that they really enjoyed it. 

The learner quality I showed was resilience because it was quite hard finding kids to start with and it was hard to tell whether they were listening!! I showed leadership by motivating kids to read and being friendly and kind to the kids we were reading too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment