Saturday 28 May 2016

Librarian- Excellence evidence 19

Today was library mentor with Tracy. I headed to the library straight after the bell signaled for lunch to start and finished my lunch outside the library.

Soon I started filing the books and making sure to put them in the right place and if I saw some books in the wrong place, I put them in the correct place! I made sure to be polite on the library desk and speak loudly so people could hear me. 

On Thursday I did reading to the juniors with Zainab and Honor. First we headed straight to the library to collect the beanbags and books. 

Next we headed to the juniors area and found kids to read too. We were reading to at least ten kids.

I read a range of Barbie books to a girl from room 18. I could tell she really liked Barbie. Some of the books we read were "Spot The Dog" and Barbie books like "Too Many Puppies". These choices were hugely successful. 

After about 25 minutes of reading we collected all the books and beanbags  we bought and headed straight back to the library. When we were back in the library, we returned the books to their correct places and put the beanbags away. 

Later on after reading we got involved by playing some netball games. 

The learner quality I showed was collaborate because I collaborated with Honor, Tracy, Zainab and Mrs Ward to make sure this weeks librarian duty was successful! I showed leadership by motivating kids to read and being a role model while I was in the junior area. I did this by not jumping on the beanbags and respecting the books. 


No comments:

Post a Comment