Thursday 12 May 2016

House captain - Excellence evidence 15

Assembly:
On Monday was the assembly I was a role model when I sat up the front with the other student leaders. I was a role model by singing and showing the care values. I also got my Merit badge at the assembly which was role modelling. 

Cross country games:
Today was the cross country. At the cross country the house captains each organised a game with their partner. Jack and I organised Capture the Flag for the year 7 and 8 students.

In the morning I made sure that the equipment for our game was ready.

 At the cross country Mr Brown met with us to tell us what year level we were taking and make sure we were all ready. When it was almost time to play our game Jack and I set up, because it had a more advanced set up than usual games and the set up took longer. I made sure to get some pozies from Mr Brown before the game started so I could hand them out during the game. The game was pretty successful and I made sure to help pack up because some house captains just left their gear out. 

Care ticks: 
This week we did the care ticks on Tuesday. I made sure to collaborate with the kowhai people who needed their care ticks recorded and double checked I was recording the right ticks for the right people, I also put them before me by doing their care ticks before mine. The form questions are:

  • Name.
  • Level of care. 
  • Care value. 
  • What they got the care tick for. 

Charity on Thursday:
This week was also Xanthe and Sam L's charity event. They sent us a email to tell us to be at school at 8:15am.  I made sure to turn up on time to help set up and collect the clothes for the city mission. I had to put clothes in bags ready to go to the City Mission and put clothes on the stage. They got a lot of clothes and it seemed to go successfully. I also listened to what I needed to do and put a reminder in the notices. 

Learner quality and how I showed leadership: 
The learner quality I showed was collaborate because I collaborated with Jack and the other house captains to make sure the cross country and the other events this week went well. I showed leadership by motivating kids at the cross country and helping Sam and Xanthe with their Charity event. 

No comments:

Post a Comment