Thursday 7 April 2016

Excellence evidence- Reading to the juniors 8

Today I read to the juniors at lunchtime today. First I headed to the library and collected some books and grabbed a bean bag.I then headed to the juniors area and set up. I didn't even have to find/ask kids because some came up very interested in the Barbie books. I read to one girl who liked Barbie a lot and really enjoyed the books. Next I read to two other big Barbie fans who also really enjoyed the books. Some people only liked the pictures and Barbie's dresses but that was all good. 
Some of the books I read were:

  • A Teacher (Barbie)
  • A Vet (Barbie)
  • Charm school (Barbie)

I did bring Spot Goes To A Party, but it wasn't very popular. 
Overall I showed leadership by motivating kids to read and showing integrity by being fair and letting a range of kids pick what we would be reading next. The learner quality I showed was resilience because it was a difficult job getting kids to listen to the books and it was difficult attempting to take the bean bag and books back to the library!! Next time I will bring a better range of books to the juniors because not everyone like Barbie. Also next time I will do it with Zainab as she has left choir. 
References: Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment