Thursday 22 September 2016

Music

Walt: Describe the characteristics of music from songs of a different time and place.


Over the past 9 weeks I have been learning to describe the characteristics of music from songs of a different time and place.


I can describe these characteristics in a piece of music, here is a definition of the five characteristics:
  1. Harmony: In Harmony there is two types minor and major ( Minor is a sad song and major is a happy song)
  2. Melody: Melody is the tune, voice or line that gets stuck in your head it is usually a combination of pitch and rhythm.
  3. Form: Form is pretty much just the layout of the song E.G The chorus, bridge, verse, etc.
  4. Timbre: Timbre is the bit in the song that makes it unique.
  5. Rhythm: Rhythm is repeated sounds that change speed.
What did you find most interesting during this topic. I found learning about the different music characteristics most interesting because I didn't know what any of them meant before doing music. Which characteristic do you find yourself picking up on when listening to your own music now? When I listen to my own music I often hear rhythm, because I often here songs change speed and repeated sounds. Here is an example of my learning (Link)

No comments:

Post a Comment