Walt: Describe the characteristics of music from songs of a different time and place.
Over the past 9 weeks I have been learning to describe the characteristics of music from songs of a different time and place.
I can describe these characteristics in a piece of music, here is a definition of the five characteristics:
- Harmony: In Harmony there is two types minor and major ( Minor is a sad song and major is a happy song)
- Melody: Melody is the tune, voice or line that gets stuck in your head it is usually a combination of pitch and rhythm.
- Form: Form is pretty much just the layout of the song E.G The chorus, bridge, verse, etc.
- Timbre: Timbre is the bit in the song that makes it unique.
- Rhythm: Rhythm is repeated sounds that change speed.